Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Reyanne's Activities

Thought of posting about this after I read about my sister's blog. Haha, Chris, I guess you are also one of the motivation for me to blog.

 Chris said her husband felt that she was depriving her girls of their childhood as she arranged too many activities for them. Thus, being labled as 'Kiasu' mummy? :)

Well, I understand her intention and reasons, for I also, wish to lay strong foundation for my children. No matter how 'carefree' and 'stress-less' we wish our children to be, I think we are not able to do it. In our society now, it is really hard to let our children be like those in the olden days where kids just PLAY whole day.

I let En En attend music lesson, partly because I myself play piano, and hope that one day she shares my passion and love for piano. Of course, this can only be done when she shows some interest, if not, I cannot start her off. I have to agree that perhaps it may not be her NO. 1 favourite, but she still enjoys music. Children's interests have to be cultivated and encouraged. I was very happy that Papa agreed to let her start music lesson last year, his idea is to expose her to different activities and from there find her interest and talent. En En has been attending Yamaha Junior Course for almost 1 year ( she started on 2nd July 2011). Her grandparents (Gong gong and Po Po) agree that she can be developed in this area. Now, we have bought the piano, she will go and play it on her own. But, of course, she will not sit there for 1 hour or 2, but at least she will want to open it and start practising.

2 weeks ago, after she recovered from her chicken pox, she started attending for Art classes at Tampines East CC. She LOVES to draw. As what her teacher encouraged, to let her meet more people and build up her confidence. There is a new Art class starting, and it is such a convenient location. So why not ? I waited outside the room for 1 and a half hour for her Art lesson to finish. I brought my marking along, so as not to waste time or idle. Hope she enjoys her time drawing and painting every Saturday.

For Ryan, I did ask around for suitable activities. But he is too young for Taekwondo, minimum 6 years old! So... Ryan has to wait. :p

No comments:

En's K2 and Ryan's N1 Item

Ryan @ 2010 Concert

Reyanne @ 2010 Concert

>

Ryan

Reyanne - Tang Poem 1

En en - Tang Poem 2

Ryan's way of saying Thank you

Tasty Toes 3-10-2009

My Little Taiji Master