Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Being a Housewife is NOT EASY

This June's holidays, I get an extra help from my sis-in-law's maid.

They went for a long holiday to US. So left her with me to cook for us.

Therefore, I have to come out with the menu for these 2 weeks. Thinking of the menu is not an easy task. We have to think about what each person likes. I must TRY to make sure there is meat, veg and fish/egg/tofu.

En en's favourite is fish, egg and potato - salmon in particular.
Ryan has no particular favourite - but there are certain food he does not eat much - like brinjal. He likes eggs and hotdogs. Papa's favourite are Tofu, beef and lamb.

Flipping through the  recipe books and browsing websites have been my job basically, for these 2 weeks, trying to make sure there is something for everyone in every meal. Of course, at the same time, trying out stuff that I couldn't in the past. ( no time...no time to buy...no time to wash...) :p
Also to learn from the maid...whose skills come from my MIL. I had wanted to learn how to cook those soup long ago...haha.

In Week One:

Others (Sat/Sun/Mon) : Curry Chicken, Lemon-grass Chicken,

Tuesday : ABC Soup, Long Beans with minced Pork, Prawn Toast and xx (I forgot)

Wednesday: Black bean soup, Rendang Beef, Stir-fried Broccoli and Fried Salmon.

Thursday : Lotus Soup, Steamed Sotong stuffed with minced Pork,  Stir-fried Garlic Flower, Crispy Tofu

Friday : Tofu Spinach Soup, Hairygourd with Egg, Breaded Pork Chop, Salmon and Sambal Ikan Bilis 

Saturday : Snow Pear Apple Soup, Tempura Sotong, Dong Fen with minced meat and Mashed Potatoes

Sunday : Herbal Mutton Soup, Prawn Fritter, Brinjal and Stir-fried Cauliflower

For This Week :

Monday : Chicken Mushroom Soup, Fried Bean Curd Ball, Stir-fried Spinach and Teriyaki Salmon

Tuesday : Peanut Chicken (Leg) Soup, Ma Po Tofu, Leef with Tau Kwa and Onion Egg

Wednesday : Old Cucumber Soup, Sweet and Sour Pork, Cabbage and ________

Thursday : Lotus Soup, Spring Roll (turnip), Chicken Stew and _______

Friday : Bak Kut Teh, Green Curry, Friend Dumpling and ________

Saturday : (still in progress)
Blanks mean I am still thinking!
ABC Soup is the name given by my mother-in-law. Don't ask why, perhaps there is vitamin ABC in the nutritious soup. It contains tomatoes, corns, onions, carrots, cabbage, potatoes and chicken bones. So in the dialect interpretation I gave is "A for Ang Mo Kio (tomatoes), B for (Bai Cai - cabbage) and C for carrots.

No comments:

En's K2 and Ryan's N1 Item

Ryan @ 2010 Concert

Reyanne @ 2010 Concert

>

Ryan

Reyanne - Tang Poem 1

En en - Tang Poem 2

Ryan's way of saying Thank you

Tasty Toes 3-10-2009

My Little Taiji Master