Thursday, June 21, 2012

Our new 'PET'

Last term, because of the P2 English work, we need to keep caterpillars to observe them and watch them turn into pupa and then butterfly (if possible). However, the caterpillars we paid for, died !
Fearing it will be hungry , I even brought the caterpillar home. Also to let En En and Ryan watch the caterpillars. But all those never succeed.

Therefore, my good friend-cum-colleague promised to catch from her neighbour's lime plant if she ever saw one. And last week, she passed me two ! One is already a Pupa and the other caterpillar. I had to 'steal' the lime leaves from school every day to feed the hungry caterpillar. It has a good life - just eat and shit the whole day.



This is the 'rear' - don't you think it looks like an unhappy face? - with the 2 dots and a downward curve ...haha. (I showed Papa, he said why you keep looking at people's backside)

The other which was a pupa, was green and hanging on the side of another container. So I always stack them up and put them at the side of the dining table.

Just 2 nights ago, while having our dinner, as usual, Ryan liked to move about and went down his chair. At that moment, Papa pointed to a lumpy slimy-looking thing on Ryan's chair and shouted, " Why is the caterpillar HERE?"

I also got a shock! I looked at that thing, it looked like it was just 'squashed' and trying to 'stretch' itself. I wanted to touch but held back!

Upon closer inspectation, I realised it was just the Anti-mosquito patch on Ryan's pants, but it was sort of crumpled. What a fright during dinner! We thought Ryan sat on the caterpillar! But it gave us a big laugh as well!

Ryan was quite brave to touch the caterpillar. I asked him if he wanted to. He just said OK and his fingers went in. I had to stop him from 'disturbing' the caterpillar further.

No comments:

En's K2 and Ryan's N1 Item

Ryan @ 2010 Concert

Reyanne @ 2010 Concert

>

Ryan

Reyanne - Tang Poem 1

En en - Tang Poem 2

Ryan's way of saying Thank you

Tasty Toes 3-10-2009

My Little Taiji Master