Thursday, October 18, 2012

Yippee !! No crying today!!

I have been praying hard that it will be easier for me to drop him at Berries today !
He went in after circling near the door, walking to me, clinging to me... but his teacher held his hand and he walked in with her after I promised him his lollipop.... ( got to wean off this lollipop reward)

Over the past 7 days...I have been telling him that he still has lessons at Berries.
To make sure that he does not cry or refuse to go in for the next lesson, mummy has to keep thinking of ways to coax him.

Strategies used :
- talking to him about his teacher Guo Lao Shi
- asking him to choose his own clothes which he wants to wear to Berries
- praising him when he sings the song he learns during Berries lessons
- letting him play with the 'magic' marker from Berries
- reading the Berries textbook and PRAISING him for reading the words
since last week.

Today, I picked them up earlier from school, to allow more time to be wasted if he still cries and refuses to go in. Surprisingly, he did not cry when he left his Childcare centre. Last week, he cried as he did not want to go Berries and even tried to go back to his Childcare centre. He asked me, "Mummy, where are we going?"
While I am thinking how to answer him... he actually answered his own question "Go Berries?"
Phew... ok, at least he is more prepared.

But once we reach the top of the escalator, he tried to back off and walk away from Berries. I held his hand and talked to him. Last week, I scolded him when I saw that refused to go in. I reflected on my actions after I saw how Daddy actually TALKED to him and asked him why he did not want to go Berries.

I followed them in (usually parents do not go in), to pay for the cards that I wanted to get for En en.
As we were still early, they had to wait outside and entertain themselves with the books on display.
He happily chose a Dinosaur book and started flipping. Next, I saw him lying comfortably on the floor, which I told him not to do so. :p     Minutes later, he was walking in and out of the 'story-telling' room, twirling around him, and playing a fool. Finally, his teacher appeared, so I had to send him in. He refused initially, but luckily the Teacher assistant managed to coax him in. Of course, I still had to promise him his lollipop ! Argh ! I had to stop this lollipop reward, otherwise he will be eating lollipop every week !!!

I was happy with what they are learning there.
Ryan left his lesson reciting a 'song' :
Bing Gan Yuan Yuan
Yuan Yuan Bing Gan
Yong Shou Yi Ban
Bian Cheng Xiao Chuan

En learnt a few Cheng Yu. They have one or two from every week's lesson.
She could say : Qi Xin He Li, Si Jiao Chao Tian, Ying You Jin You...
From Ryan's book: I taught him Jin Jin You Wei and Mi Mi Ma Ma....

Regretted not sending them since Jan !


1 comment:

Chris Yee said...

Sis, It's never late. They are progressing so well. Well Done, En & Ryan!

En's K2 and Ryan's N1 Item

Ryan @ 2010 Concert

Reyanne @ 2010 Concert

>

Ryan

Reyanne - Tang Poem 1

En en - Tang Poem 2

Ryan's way of saying Thank you

Tasty Toes 3-10-2009

My Little Taiji Master