Thursday, November 15, 2012

15 Nov 2012

Everyone is sleeping now, except me....

I just put Ryan to bed, lying beside him, sharing his big pillow, snuggling together and requesting for goodnight kiss from him. Of course, not forgetting to tell him "Mummy love you", which he always responds with "I love you."

He is always exceptionally lovable when he is the only one awake (or rather when Jiejie is sleeping) and with mummy squeezing onto the same mattress with him.

Daddy falls asleep after scolding him for not sleeping. Mummy's fault.
I brought home a play-clock to teach them how to read time. He saw it and wanted me to teach him / tell him how to "play" with it. I promised to teach him after I bathed. However, mummy took a bit too long, and it was past bedtime. Daddy scolded him for still being awake.

So I had to coaxed him by telling him what is an hour hand what is a minute hand.

This coming Saturday will be En's P1 orientation.
Daddy 嘴硬心软
Daddy always says he will not attend her primary school events / functions because mummy is there.
But, in the end, when the date is nearer, daddy says he has to go , no choice ?!?
Mummy : "Papa, want to go and see your girl... just say so."

Yesterday, En said, "Mummy, now Ariel, Natacia and I are not best friends already. I change my mind."

I was quite taken aback as these two sweet girls have been her best friends ever since they know one another ! I thought they had a big fight or something !

En continued, " Now, Natacia is Da Jie, Ariel is Er Jie and I am Mei Mei."
Mummy let out a sigh of relief...

About her best friend, Natacia, something bad happened to her family.
Her father was struck down with brain tumour and left the family last week, leaving the mummy with 3 young kids (eldest is only 6 years old) . When I knew about the news, I was quite upset even though I do not personally know her dad. But having children of the same age, I could not imagine what it would be like, if a child, as young as En, lost a parent. We attended Nat's daddy's wake, together with the kids. Even though they said not to bring young kids to wakes. But, being Nat's best friend, En missed her in school and we had been attending each other's kids' BD parties, so it was natural that we wanted to go and pay a visit to the family. When Nat returned to school on Monday, En was elated ! She is one emotional kid. That day, she even told me she felt like crying when practising the Finale for her graduation concert because she knew that she would not see her friends anymore !
OMG... made me want to cry. How on earth could a 6 yr old think of this !? I mean... when I was 6, leaving my K2 friends and moving on to Pri 1, I did not think of those !

Whatever it is, En has to learn that this is part and parcel of life. I tried to cheer her up by telling her ways of keeping in touch with her best friends. Luckily, the mummies added one another on FB and exchanged HP numbers.

No comments:

En's K2 and Ryan's N1 Item

Ryan @ 2010 Concert

Reyanne @ 2010 Concert

>

Ryan

Reyanne - Tang Poem 1

En en - Tang Poem 2

Ryan's way of saying Thank you

Tasty Toes 3-10-2009

My Little Taiji Master